|This one's for Kim.
hmmm. well it appears that i have only updated this blog once in the last year. i guess life got busy. or complicated. or both. or none of the aforementioned.
so here is an update:
life is spent enjoying my garden. i finally have a vegetable garden again with lots of space to grow stuff. this year i planted tomatoes, peppers, spinach, lettuce, mesclin, broccoli,and cauliflower.
i also have an extensive herb garden and off the top of my head i have planted: basil (2 varieties), chives, garlic, rosemary, oregano, sage, summer savory, fennel, chamomile, lavender, cat nip, mint, marjoram, lemon balm, caraway, chervil, coriander, parsley, saffron, tarragon, and thyme.
there are also apple, peach, and pear trees in the back yard so this summer/fall should be a spectacular harvest.
and to keep it all green, i picked up a composter. here are some pics of the garden. it has already doubled in size so i will try to get some newer pictures up this week.
in 3 weeks i will be going back to school to upgrade some courses and take a new credit. i am going to be going to mohawk college sept. 2010 for nursing. i have to upgrade my grade 12 english, grade 11 biology, and i need another science so i am most likely going to take chemistry. physics is the other alternative. going back to school is very exciting and i qualify for second career so my tuition and living expenses will be covered.
if you follow me on facebook you will know that i am participating in the weekend to end breast cancer. my target goal is to raise $2000.00 (but hopefully more). the past 2 weekends i have spent having yard sale fundraisers. they have been so successful that i am already at $823.00. the coolest part is a lot of the stuff i have sold have been things i have picked out of the dump (also known as dumpster diving) or donated by friends and neighbors. enjoy some pics:
i got myself a nice digital camera too and have been taking lots of pictures. my favourite is in black and white.
here are a few teasers of my nephew. i will devote a separate post just for him hopefully sometime this week.
other tidbits of info include me joining the rec center. i am swimming for exercise and i like to go for long walks. ive done a bit of running as well as there is a track a few blocks away. trying to be a vegan. almost completely vegetarian. it's hard but worth it. ultimately i think it would be great to be a raw vegan. here is a blog i really like: crazy sexy life
k thats all for now. im tired.
|100 Ways To Keep Yourself Happy
1. Never put yourself last.
2. When you extend a helping hand to one person, be careful not to kick someone else in the teeth.
3. Always own a pair of old, faded jeans.
4. Count your blessings every day.
5. Acknowledge your successes along with your downfalls.
6. Burn the candle that has been in storage for the last two years.
7. Strive for progress, not perfection.
8. Remember, the voice telling you that you cannot do something is always lying.
9. At least once a day sit and do nothing.
10. Don’t close your heart so tightly against life’s pain that you shut out life’s blessings.
11. Celebrate all your birthdays no matter how old you get.
12. Examine your life for limitations and ask yourself why you put them there.
13. Plant a tree, pull weeds, or get your hands dirty.
14. Diminish your wants instead of increasing your needs.
15. Cry when you feel like it.
16. Rejoice in other people’s triumphs.
17. Don’t wait for someone else to laugh or express joy.
18. Forgive yourself for any mistake you make, no matter how big or small.
19. Keep good company.
20. Never take a pill for a pain you need to feel.
21. Use your enthusiasm to put yourself in forward gear and give yourself a spark to move ahead.
22. Look in the eyes of the ones you love when you are talking to them.
23. Remember that one is a whole number.
24. Walk in a summer rain shower without an umbrella.
25. Do a kind deed for someone else.
26. Keep your eyes and ears open to get the messages you need from people and events in your daily life.
27. Be patient.
28. Eat something green.
29. Change what you can and leave the rest alone.
30. Walk hand and hand with truth.
31. Make laughter and joy a greater part of your life than anger and grief.
32. Embrace solitude instead of running from it.
33. Be zealous, not jealous.
34. Forgive anyone you’ve been holding a grudge against.
35. Slow down and enjoy the present.
36. Walk in others’ shoes before judging them.
37. Send yourself a kind message.
38. Remind yourself that the company you keep is a reflection of what you think of yourself.
39. Go on a picnic.
40. Accept your fears, no matter how crazy they seem.
41. Don’t let other people’s opinions shape who you are.
42. Say a prayer.
43. Never attribute your accomplishments to luck or chance.
44. Know when to say no.
45. Look at the positive side of negative situation.
46. Remember that you are a spiritual being in a physical body.
47. Avoid seeking out other people for constant approval, because it make them the master and you the slave.
48. Go fly a kite.
49. Avoid fads and bandwagons.
50. Accept the things you cannot change.
51. Look inside instead of outside yourself for answers to life’s problems.
52. Remember that all feelings are okay.
53. Shield yourself from bad influences.
54. Stand up for what you believe in.
55. Respect the wishes of others when they say no.
56. Seize every moment and live it fully.
57. Give away or sell anything you haven’t used in the past five years.
58. Never downgrade yourself.
59. Take responsibility for what you think, feel, and do.
60. Pamper yourself.
61. Never say or do anything abusive to a child.
62. Let yourself be God powered instead of flying solo.
63. Volunteer to help someone in need.
64. Refrain from overindulging in food, drink, and work
65. Finish unfinished business.
66. Be spontaneous.
67. Find a constructive outlet for your anger.
68. Think about abundance instead of lack, because whatever you think about expands.
69. Think of yourself as a survivor, not a victim.
70. Cuddle an animal.
71. Be open to life.
72. See success as something you already have, not something you must attain.
73. Experience the splendor and awe of a sunset.
74. When you score a base hit, don’t wish it were a home run.
75. Learn to be in the present moment.
76. Instead of believing in miracles, depend on them.
77. Take a child to the circus.
78. Change your attitude and your whole life will change.
79. Never turn your power over to another person.
80. When your heart is at odds with your head, follow your heart.
81. Always remember that the past is gone forever and the future never comes.
82. Live your life according to what is right for you.
83. Acknowledge your imperfections.
84. Plant a tree and watch it grow.
85. See “friend” instead of “enemy” on the face of strangers.
86. Watch an army of ants build their houses and cities and carry food ten times their weight.
87. Believe in something bigger than yourself.
88. Let the playful child within you come out.
89. Make haste slowly.
90. Work through your problems step by step and one day at a time.
91. Accept compliments from others so you can see the truth about yourself.
92. Sit on the lawn without worrying about grass stains.
93. Don’t condemn yourself for your imperfections.
94. Do a humility check periodically by loving the truth about yourself.
95. Tell someone you appreciate them.
96. Never live your life according to what is right for someone else.
97. Talk less and listen more.
98. Admit your wrongdoing and forgive yourself for it.
99. Thrive on inner peace instead of on crises.
100. Affirm all the good things about yourself.