Monday, January 02, 2006
Happy New Year All!

I am still working for Secom Plus but things have died down considerably with the season which forced me to look into other faucets of employment. Today I started my first day of a 3 week training stint with LA Weight Loss. And let me tell you...I have nothing but good things to say about this company and I truly believe what they do works! Several of the new hires are clients themselves and have been able to testify to the success of the program.

At first I was a little warely...seeing the irony of the whole situation as I am in a position where I need to GAIN about 20 pounds. But even the trainer is sympathetic towards that and says there can be just as much stigma on the opposite end of the scale as opposed to being overweight.

I can not stress enough how amazing all the staff, trainers, and area/regional managers are. I feel confident that I am going to get the training I need to perform this job well...and I feel good knowing that I am actually helping people...perhaps even saving lives.

Oh...so the position I have is Assistant Manager. Pretty cool. But I probably wont be in that position long as the growth potential is crazy! Another bonus is that all the other Hamilton people they hired for the new store locations are amazing and we all "gel" well so I know I am going to be working with awesome gals.

I am still going to try and stay with Secom Plus part time as it is contract work. I would like to pick up about 12-15 hours a week with them and if that works I made a pact with myself that whatever I make with them will all go into savings.

So things look really good eh? I am seeing a fantastic gentleman at the time who will at this point still remain nameless. We have been haning out for over a month now. It's been great.

On the opposite scale...things are really shitty. The bad with the good...or the good with the bad...

I need your prayers...and I trust God will get me through this as he has brought me thus far...so here is the deal...being with Secom work got really sporadic and I barely had work for the month of Dec. Things have gotton so bad that I havent even been able to complete payments on Decembers rent and I am looking at an eviction. OUCH! I also just lost my car insurance a few days ago...and out of desparation...I had a few bucks that I was going to put to rent...but I REALLY NEEDED TO EAT!

So please pray that God will continue to provide...I dont really need my car at the moment as I am carpooling with the gals from Hamilton to Mississauga for the next 3 weeks and when I get my store I can bus it.

I guess all I need is for God to pull me through until February when I start getting a steady income again. Pray that I dont come home one of these days and I am locked out of my apartment. I really dont know what I would do if that happens, but it is a frightening possibility. I am really trying not to worry...but that is hard...

Also, please pray for my health. Testing for my unknown allergies is coming up in a month and a half. I hope to get to the bottom of this and hope it is nothing serious. I ran out of allergy medicine...AGAIN...today. The last time that happened I just wanted to die 2 days later because I was such a miserable itchy mess...eek.

Well I have really managed to spill my guts today. I guess I am making up for all those sporatic posts over the past few months. Anyways...here is another link to check out with quite a few pics of me...and all my new friends...LOTS! I am so blessed! I have met some truly fantastic, caring people here. Oh and the band is amazing: McKenna Check the gallery for pics...and my handle is Binary 2.0.

Also, please feel free to drop me an email at: binary.speaking@gmail.com I would love to here from you or get a word of encouragement...especially some of those Hanover people...
posted by Rachel at 10:41:00 PM -
|


About Me
Name: Rachel
See my profile...


LINKZ
Archives