Thursday, August 25, 2005
Phew! I am exhausted...but it's all worth it. I checked my phone messages this morning and a company had called and left a message saying they would like to see me for an interview. So I called back at about 8:30am this morning and got an interview for 4pm.

I shuttled out of Wal-Mart at 12pm and went home and got showered and prettied up. Then I made the 2 hour drive to Hamilton and then another hour trying to locate the place in Burlington. I was for the first time in my life late for an interview...YIKES.

My brother was so helpful and called the interviewee Karen to let her know I was a little detoured and then my bro Mat helped me find my way and I think I only ended up being 15 minutes late...but it didnt matter because Karen said she had alreadypretty much came to the decision this morning when she talked to me on the phone that I was the girl for her.

So I am the new employee for Secom, a merchandising company. I will be responsible for going in to various stores such as Wal-Marts (ha ha), Zellers', Pharma-Plus', and Shopper's DrugMarts and setting up Mabelline, Loreal, and Rimmel Cosmetics. I am so pumped. This is exactly what I have wanted to do for the past 3 years...!!! I feel so lucky.

And the company is so cool...you mainly work independantly planning your own hours and find out your deadlines online and log all your hours and driving time online. And yes you get paid for milage. It is such a sweet deal. And my "new boss" Karen is so nice, hip and cool.

My brother treated me to dinner at my favourite restaurant as celebration. Ben Thangs-it's a Viet-Thai Restaurant...I am sure I have mentioned it before.

Well I am tired now...that was alot of driving for one day. Tomorrow is my last day at Wal-Mart...tear, tear, sniffle, sniffle...I am sure I will shed a few tears...and I am not being sarcastic because I have met some really good people working there.

Good-Nite...and look forward to a new post in the future about my freakish allergic reaction I have been having for the past week and a half complete with pictures if I can find my Fuji Finepix software.
posted by Rachel at 9:22:00 PM -
|


About Me
Name: Rachel
See my profile...


LINKZ
Archives