Sunday, February 20, 2005
Hi, sorry it has been a while. I have been having a bad week and no ambition to update. I think the winter blues are starting to kick in. Meh!

I still havent found a new car. I was getting frustrated with it, but now I just dont care. The right car will show up at the right time and in the meantime I am still driving the shit box(Sorry Betty...I still love you...FYI: Betty is the name of my car)...It is still drivable...Opa fixed the headlight and parking light so I can still have it on the road. Hopefully something by spring so I can visit my friend in Kitchener and family in Hamilton. That is what bothers me the most that I can not do those things...no highway driving. :(

I went to church today. I usually hibernate in the winter, but I was up and at 'er this morning. It was good. I showed up early so I could hang out in the nursery with babies! Gosh they are soo cute. Wonder if I will be blessed with my own some day?!.

I was trying to think of some likes and dislikes last night but fell asleep. Here are a few that I did come up with.

LIKES:
  • Lavender (MMM, I am obsessed with the smell right now.)
  • Clean Sheets
  • Coloured Sharpies
  • Honda Civics-5 speed ofcourse!
  • Wild Flower Bouquets
  • Romantics
  • Being treated like a woman
  • 40's Fashion
  • Oldies Music
  • Hard-Workers
  • Passerby's that smile or say Hello
  • Doing the same as the above
  • Sleeping In
  • Home-made meals/food
DISLIKES
  • People who block entrance/exits while having conversations
  • Dirty looks
  • Cat hair
  • Thick bra straps under spaghetti tank tops...sleazy!
  • Smokers...but I still like the people, just not the habit
  • Conceitedness
  • Not expressing ones self
  • People who constantly yell at their kids (I see this alot at work.)
  • People who dont listen
  • Slackers
  • Selfishness (Boundries are OK though)
So those are a few...I am sure I could come up with a lot more but surprisingly it was difficult when I actually made it a point to sit down and make a list.

Some other things on my mind and how friends have influenced me and my thinking and how I would like to do things in regards to child-rearing...

  • I would like to be a stay at home mom.
  • I will definately breast-feed my kids.
  • I want to home-school my children.
  • I am against male circumcision(there are 2 links here.)
  • I am anti-vaccinations...do the research folks! Alot of the vaccinations were/are derived from aborted fetuses...SAD!..amoung other controversies.
  • I would like use cloth diapers.
  • Make my own baby food.
  • Have an organic garden to feed my family with/make the baby food with.
  • I like the idea of The Continuum Concept and "family bed."
Well that is all for now...Hopefully this post will generate some interesting comments.
posted by Rachel at 3:40:00 PM -
|


About Me
Name: Rachel
See my profile...


LINKZ
Archives