Monday, October 11, 2004
it all started with a craving for a strawberry milkshake...

so kim called me out of bed today at the crack of noon hungry. so i said come on over...ofcourse it was about 45 minutes before she showed up but i got my little arse up and hung outside for her in the grass with my kitties.

when she came over she was talking about how she was craving a strwberry milk shake, so we went to Harvey's, which then turned into a jaunt to see my car out in the country, which then turned into a trip down memory lane where I showed Kim the 3 houses my grand-parents built and the farm I grew up on.

I was driving and was going to drive right by the good ole farmhouse when I couldnt resist turning down the laneway. Ahhhh, sweet memories. While I was turning around to exit the property, the owner came out and we lended up chatting with him for about 10 minutes. What a nice guy-Jerry is his name. And to my surprise, he said another gentleman came by the day before to visit good ole memory lane...and that person happen to be my brother. Funny eh? I think there is something about Autumn that makes our memories so much more vivid than any time of the year.

Since it was such a beautiful day, Kim and I wanted to keep driving and finding really pretty roads with lots of trees so she stocked up on candy and we filled up the car with gas...and drove for near 3 hours all over bruce county. Our goal was to get lost...and while getting lost we came across this cute little place in the middle of nowhere with a massive pumkin patch and bale hay maze. Ofcourse we went throught the maze. Infact we even went into one of the dead ends and scared the kids by screaming boo when they came down the wrong way. (It was fun watching them jump and cry and get all scared and run into the baled hay walls. NOT! This didnt really happen except with Kim.)

Cant divulge the rest of the details about our afternoon, but afterwards I had another Thanksgiving dinner at my Grandma Jean's and Grandpa George's house.

Then Kim and I got back together for a covert mission which will be revealed later...perhaps tomorrow?

Yesterday was the big Klaver Thanksgiving get-to-gether. I was going to go to church but my friend Paul called because he was up from Kitchener. He called at about 10:30am and he could tell I was very sick. Blah! Im surprised he recognised me with my man voice. So I opted out of church and instead we planned to go fo coffee at Timmy's, but as we were driving there we saw my Opa...and my Opa saw us, and invited us to his house for coffee...much better atmosphere wise.

So, the four of us had a really nice visit...Paul, Opa, Oma, and me. I felt so lifted after that visit and pumped for the start of the day. And it was a great day, visiting and eating with family-sharing stories and memories, playing with the new and young members of the family.

I also got this new wig so when it was time to go home a bunch of us young bucks and does came over and we all had a laugh with trying on the wig and posing for pictures. Guys in girls wigs is always funny.

I want to give props to my dad who couldnt join us the Thanksgiving because he had to work. Thanks for making me feel like a princess with the beautiful bouquet of flowers. It's nice to have a man in your life who gives you flowers...even if it's your father. Thanks DAD...I love you!

On that note, I will end my nite...stay tuned for the revealing of Kim and Rachel's top secret mission. There will be pictures!
posted by Rachel at 10:12:00 PM -
|


About Me
Name: Rachel
See my profile...


LINKZ
Archives