Tuesday, August 03, 2004
...for those of you who believe to everything you read or told...lets clear some things up...

in reference to post: http://www.haloscan.com/comments/rhomes/109133080081673947#88072
...my apologies...i do not know who this is at the moment...but anominity will be respected if that is what you choose...puts me in an unfair spot though...

I have been to church many times in the past year. (If I had not been to church in over a year as you so aptly believe or were told, wouldnt this be of some considerable concern as another fellow believer to see that another believer might be stumbling and want to go and help them get back on their feet, but instead you would turn and shake your head in disapproval.) I do admit that I am not in regular attendance but for certain circumstances. It should be noted as well that I still fellowship and study the bible with other fellow Christians and on my own time I journal, do devotions and also do Bible study on the internet. And just because some one does not see me in church does not mean I am there. I have told several of my friends that I attend church but prefer to sit alone at the back so I am not going to church to be social and I can give my complete attention to God, worshiping him, listening to him, and getting the most out of the sermon. I just find it too distracting being around friends during church as I am too distracted by their adorable children.

In the reference to the "blind leading the blind" statement intended towards me...what I was sharing was Scripture that God had revealed to me and put in my heart to pass along to my own dear friend. How can I share something blindly from the Bible? Just because I dont attend church regularyily does not mean that God doesnt speak to me and isnt a real part of my life. I hope you dont think that just because you go to church that makes you a Christian. Here are some of the recent scriptures I have shared with friends...Jer.29:11-13, Proverbs 4:23, Psalm 86:11, Phil. 1:6, Luke 6:45, Romans 8:1. These ones were specifically laid on my heart to be given to afriend: 2Cor. 1:12, Gal. 6:1-3., and I also shared my current journal with them and what God was/is teaching me at that/this time.

Anyways...it seems I could always use help in the comminication aspect of my relationships. Although posting my thoughts on the web werent the best choice, I thought it better than bottling my emotions up inside. But ofcourse, the best solution would have been to talk to someone directly, but why do we find that so difficult to ask our friends for help or tell them that you need to talk and get something of your chest...

It should be noted that I am not perfect. I do not profess to be perfect. I am sinful and weak. I try to share my weaknesses with others in order to help encourage them in their walk of faith and for them to help keep me accountable. I was weak in writing my last post. I needed to vent. I was hoping for someone to see through the pain and want to pick up the phone or "pop" by to see what the matter was. No one has...but that's OK. God is there. In Him I will place my trust. I will lean on Him for support because his LOVE never fails me.

Peace!



posted by Rachel at 6:37:00 PM -
|


About Me
Name: Rachel
See my profile...


LINKZ
Archives