Saturday, November 08, 2003
Wow! What a great weekend...so far.

Yesterday a long time family friend Jeff got married to his new bride Nina. The ceremony was in Kitchener. Driving through Kitchener only solidified the fact that I would like to live there in the next year or so.

So, back to the wedding. The ceremony was beautiful. I think it is amazing how God can use some ones wedding as a time to speak to peoples hearts...that heart being mine. I have kind have been selfish lately and have lost sight of God. Listening to Pastor Ilman speak about love and serving others got me all excited about wanting to serve and love others too and get back on focus and put God back where he belongs...as number one in my life.

Everything about the wedding was awesome. The speeches, the MC, the dancing, the dancing partners...(thanks Paul I had a blast, hope we can hang out some more), being with family and friends, open bar oh and I should mention the food. It was divine. The meal consisted of Prime Rib, Chicken Breast with a white sauce and Asparagus, 3 or 4 different salads, vegetables, cute mini roasted potatoes, cheese platters, fruit platters, some ethnic curry dish and rice huge dessert spread...the food was just amazing. It is the best meal I have ever eaten.

We (my Opa and Oma) spent the night at my Uncle John's house. We had a really nice visit there and watched some old family videos. 18 year old videos to be exact. There was some footage of me in there from when I was 10 years old. Funny!

On the way home Opa and Oma and I stopped in Elmira at this amazing restaurant for lunch/brunch. It is called "At The Crossroads Family Restaurant". They dont have a web-site but you can go to this site or this site for some more info. It is a mennonite restaurant so everything is homemade and tastes so gooooood. Even the bread that was served with my meal was home-made...mmmmm. There is also a huge shop that is apart of the restaurant that has the most amazing things. Lots of folk art and decorating stuff and mennonite stuff for sale. I did some of my Christmas shopping there today and my Oma and I had such a great time that we are planning on going there again just the two of us to do some more Christmas shopping.

I also got to drive home. I like to drive.

Now I am also excited about tomorrow because I get Sundays off now. This will be my second day off in 3 months. Thanksgiving was my other day off. I only work Fridays and Saturdays at the video store now. And still at Wal-mart monday to Fridays too.

Well, I am going to work on my web site a bit now, so cherrio!
posted by Rachel at 11:18:00 PM -
|


About Me
Name: Rachel
See my profile...


LINKZ
Archives