Monday, October 20, 2003
I loved Charlie's Angels. I watched it twice. Action Flicks for Chicks! Do guys dig Charlie's Angels or is it just considered another chick flick?

And another thing...who is Nifer? Do I know you...?

Way to go Anne for recycling magazines. I got a few to pass along the line too. Watch for them soon when you see Kim next.

Something exciting happened today at work. I may have potentially got somebody busted for shoplifting. I was apprehending the guy and everything. Must be the Charlie's Angels in me or something. Anyways, this guy booted it out the emergency door at McDonald's today and I saw him running around in the parking lot with his hands full of stuff...so I immediately called a "code madison" (code word page for shoplifting) to the parking lot and booted it out after the guy.

So I guess the guy was freaking cuz he was working with a few others and they sort of ditched him and here he is in the parking lot with a shit load of merchandise and no getaway vehicle.

It ended up that half of the store associates came out to the parking lot to cuz of the page and I was flagging people over for assistance and this guy was freaking about how he was chasing a pediphile and that he was getting away..and he was fake crying and all. (I'd be making up some fake story and acting crazy too if I was about to get busted for something stupid like shoplifting). He also said he didnt have a car. We didnt know what to do because the box that he had was a huge cardboard box that we couldnt prove was our merchandise (unbeknownest to us that he had it full of merchandise at the time) so we couldnt technically apprehend him.

So, he's making up this story about a pediphile and we all just start thinking that he is schitzo so the store manager (who is our new store manager and has only been our new store manager for an hour) says that she was already talking to him earlier and to let him go and no risk our safety.

We let him go and sort of followed him for awhile and then he took off running cuz I guess he saw the "getaway" vehicle that had momentarily abandoned him.

Back at the store, someone mentioned that he had the box full of merchandise...blah, blah, blah, and that at some point one of our female associates was in the bathroom and he came in there while she was in there and freaked her out...

We called the cops and gave them a description....and here is the lucky part...a customer was watching this all go on and he saw the guy get into the vehicle and decided to follow them and get the licence plate and description on the vehicle. BUSTED!

So I will let you know how the rest of the story pans out tomorrow.

Another ordinary day in the life of a Wal-Mart Associate.
posted by Rachel at 8:35:00 PM -
|


About Me
Name: Rachel
See my profile...


LINKZ
Archives